A Belated Father’s Day Celebration with the San Francisco Giants
June 26, 2017 @ AT&T Park
My parents are in back town! They are back in the Bay for the summer. It’s been 6 months since I’ve seen them, so picking them up from the airport was so exciting! The day they land in the States for the summer signifies, for me, the first real day of summer. I’m excited for all of our adventures this summer! We have a lot planned.
First up, a belated Father’s day celebration a week later since we missed being together on the actual day. It seems that my Dad and I have made a tradition about going to a Giants game every year, just the two of us while my mom is at her girls’ weekend. We’re big, big Giants fans, thanks to my Grandma and great-Aunt Annie! I just remember there always being a Giants game on TV at their house. I decided we deserved special treatment this year, and upgraded our normal 3rd Level View Reserve seats to Field Club level, 12 rows from the field, and pretty much right behind home plate. Talk about an upgrade!
These seats are truly amazing. I’d say they were worth it for a number of reasons:
- You have a separate entrance into AT&T Park (because why not).
- You have access to a separate food and beverage area just for Field Club seats which means no shoving, pushing or waiting in long lines for those garlic fries.
- The corridor to your seats leads you right to the Giants clubhouse! My Dad and I watched as Posey, Crawford, Morse, Belt, Pence and Bochy (to name a few) made their way from the clubhouse onto the field. They were all nice enough to wave but man my camera skills were lacking. I got 2 pictures, both blurry. Oh well.
- The seats themselves have such an awesome view. The perspective you get during the game is so cool. You feel like you’re right there with them.
- The other people sitting in the area are all respectful and mature. There was no spilled beer ruining anything you put on the floor. The fans of the visiting team were very respectful and not obnoxious.
- Brandon Crawford’s mom and sister. We ran into them in 3 separate occasions. One by the clubhouse, the second was when they sat next to us in our row, and the 3rd after the game in the bathroom. Sounds silly, but I loved it.
- Another awesome day that my Dad and I spent together. Doesn’t get much better than that.
Even though the Giants lost, it was still such a fun day! I’m ready for the next summer adventure!